Benefits Of Chiropractic Care Pico Rivera
- It has been known for 70 decades that the best healing of injured soft tissues requires early and persistent motion.
(American Journal of Anatomy, 1940)
- It has been established more than a half century ago that the best treatment for whiplash injuries does not involve drugs, but rather requires mobilization, manipulation and traction. The best outcomes from whiplash injury require early and persistent mobilization of the injured joints, always by someone expertly trained in rehabilitative techniques.
(Journal of the American Medical Association, 1958)
- The healing of injured soft tissues requires that the healing takes place in the presence of movement, and immobilization should be avoided.
(Textbook of Orthopedic Medicine, 1982)
(Continuous Passive Motion, 1993)
- Chiropractic spinal adjusting can essentially fix 81% of disabled patients suffering from chronic low back and leg pain, even when other treatment approaches had failed.
(Canadian Family Physician, 1985)
- Chiropractic spinal adjusting has been shown to be significantly superior in the treatment of low back pain compared to hospital outpatient treatment. These benefits of chiropractic adjusting were still present 3 years after treatment.
(British Medical Journal, 1991)
Chiropractic spinal adjusting has been shown to be significantly superior to physical therapy mobilizations and manipulations.
- 93% of patients with chronic whiplash pain who have failed medical and physical therapy care improve significantly with chiropractic adjustments.
- Manual manipulative therapy for the treatment of neck pain has been shown to be significantly superior to pain medicines and to exercise.
(Annals of Internal Medicine, 2002)
- Chiropractic spinal adjusting has been shown to be better than 5 times more effective than the prescription nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pain medicines (NSAIDs) Celebrex and Vioxx in the treatment of chronic neck and low back pain. In addition, the chiropractic treated group suffered from no adverse reactions, while in the drug-treated group, more patients reported an adverse reaction than were benefited.
- In the treatment of chronic neck and back pain, chiropractic spinal adjusting is not only superior to acupuncture and to pain medicines, it is the only treatment that gave the patient long-term therapeutic benefit one year later.
(Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 2005)
- In patients suffering from chronic pain subsequent to degenerative spinal disease, 59% can eliminate the need for pain drugs by consuming adequate levels of omega-3 essential fatty acids.
(Surgical Neurology, 2006)
- In the recent publication “A Review of the Evidence for the American Pain Society and the American College of Physicians Clinical Practice Guideline” for the treatment of low back pain, only spinal manipulation was advocated in the treatment of acute, sub-acute and chronic low back pain.
(Annals of Internal Medicine, 2007)
- Top researchers from the University of California, San Francisco, and from Harvard Medical School, have determined that “Chiropractic care is more effective than other modalities for treating low back and neck pain.”
(Do Chiropractic Services for the Treatment of Low Back and Neck Pain Improve the Value of Health Benefits Plans? An Evidence-Based Assessment of Incremental Impact on Population Health and Total Health Care Spending, 2009)